All my human relationships have to do with a mask of me and I must perpetually be the victim of living a completely hidden life. I have always been exposed to the cruelest coincidences - or, rather, it is I who have always turned all coincidence into cruelty.
It takes great learning both to realize and to accept the fact that the world has nothing to give. What can the sacrifice of nothing mean? It cannot mean that you have less because of it. There is no sacrifice in the world’s terms that does not involve the body. Think a while about what the world calls sacrifice. Power, fame, money, physical pleasure; who is the ‘hero’ to whom all these things belong? Could they mean anything except to a body? Yet a body cannot evaluate. By seeking after such things the mind associates itself with the body, obscuring its Identity and losing sight of what it really is.
Most Reblogged in 2013: TV Shows
- Doctor Who [Official Tumblr]
- Teen Wolf [Official Tumblr]
- Hannibal [Official Tumblr]
- Glee [Official Tumblr]
- Game of Thrones [Official Tumblr]
- Adventure Time [Official Tumblr]
- The Vampire Diaries
- Pretty Little Liars [Official Tumblr]
- American Horror Story
- The Simpsons
- The Walking Dead [Official Tumblr]
- Once Upon a Time [Official Tumblr]
- Breaking Bad [Official Tumblr]
- Parks and Recreation [Official Tumblr]
- New Girl [Official Tumblr]
- The Office [Official Tumblr]
- Castle [Official Tumblr]
- Orange is the New Black
- How I Met Your Mother
- Saturday Night Live [Official Tumblr]
Time and the world, money and power belong to the small people and the shallow people. To the rest, to the real men belongs nothing. Nothing but death.
Uncanny X-men #18 cover by Alexander Lozano
Fifth Element, a book of self-destruction by Marija Strajnic
- Dusan Juric as water
- Isidora Veselinovic as earth
- Marija Knezevic as fire
- Danilo Andjus as air
- Milica Kolaric and Stefan Unkovic as kiss
Dusan, Isidora, Marija and Danilo were asked to make facial expressions as if they were supposed to die by the force of either water, or earth, or fire, or air. Their expressions were photographed, developed and printed as photographs, in order to be undertaken by the destruction process. Result is a book, with a set of 16 interactive portraits of the people suffering their own devastation. Each step of the destruction process in this book is interrupted with a successively zoomed kissing scene which encircles those 4 deaths into the Fifth element, showing the impossibility of existing as an Absolute.